Sunday, November 9, 2008

Legs and back, Kempo X and the start of Joe Six Pack

Hey everyone!

I haven't had two seconds to sit down and update the blog since Thursday so this post is going to cover the last couple of days!

Before I go on, I just wanted to say that I just had most of this post all typed up a few seconds ago and somehow I managed to completely loose everything I just typed. Damn computers.

I was able to get Legs and Back in on Friday before I left work to take my two kids to see Play House Disney Live. I was nervous about this workout because my legs were still very tight and sore from Tuesdays plyo workout. I pushed my self and pushed through the workout and gave it my best shot however my legs being as sore as they were prevented me from doing a few of the exercises at full effort. I did enjoy the back portion of this workout however.

The only issue I am having about doing the pull ups at my work gym is the pull up bar. I bought a door frame pull up bar but the door frame in the gym at my work is too big for it. The pull up bar at the gym is way too close to the wall and I keep hitting the wall. Instead I have been using the lat pull down machine as a substitute. I think I am going to see if I can use the Smith press machine tomorrow and set the bar all the way to the top.

Kempo X: I did this workout from home on Saturday in my TV room. I like the workout but my facility was less than to be desired. I didn't have enough room and kept smacking into the daybed and it started to effect me mentally about half way through the workout. This is another workout that made me sweat like Niagara falls. I was soaked.

My 7 month old daughter was in her bouncy chair watching me do this DVD and she was laughing at me constantly. I am sure I did look like a fool doing some of these moves. I did find that I had difficulty with some of the combinations of punches. For some reason I couldn't nail down a few of the sequences correctly and some of my hooks were straight punches and some of my uppercuts were hooks. I am sure that I will get better each time I do this one.

My calf muscles were so sore before and after this workout, can't wait to get the initial muscle soreness behind me.

Sunday came and my calf muscles were wicked sore. I decided to make this day a rest day instead of Stretch X. I did take my kids for a 1/2 mile walk to loosen up the legs but most of the day I was cooking and watching football.

I feel pretty good about my first week. I can actually notice a change in my stomach already. I can see the start of the six pack, WOOOO HOOOO.

I am 1/13th of the way finished. Start all over again tomorrow with Chest and Back and I am going to try to "bring it" even harder this go around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My p90x review is here: Can you add mine to your list? I have my workout journal from my first month, I'm going to start posting them daily.
P90x Workout Program