Friday, November 7, 2008

LOVED Yoga X

Hey everyone!



Yesterday I completed the longest of the P90X workouts, Yoga X. I have to tell you that when I first heard of Yoga being part of the program I was not looking forward to it because I didn't consider it a manly type of workout. Boy was I wrong. I really enjoyed this workout and I found my self sweating a ton for hardly moving.

At the end of the session I felt great. I managed to fully hold a crane which is basically holding my entire body up off the ground with just my hands. Thankfully my gym here at work has yoga blocks because they do assist with some of the movements.

I am amazed at the flexibility of one of the men in the DVD. This guy can flex like I have never seen before. I still have a long way to go to improve my range of motion but for a first timer I felt I did well.

My legs are feeling better today however I am still nervous about today's workout, Legs and back. Hopefully once I stretch out I will feel able to complete this hour long session.

I am still enjoying the diet. Last night I got home later and had leftovers from the night before. I was talking to a fellow P90x disciple and he gave me a good tip on the timing of carbs. He suggested eating a carb earlier in the day so that I could utilize the energy during my workouts. When I restock up with food I will make sure to get some oatmeal and some whole wheat waffles so I can have my carbs earlier in the day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time with the Yoga X.. How did you do it? My hamstrings are so tight so I'm hardly flexible:( Any suggestions?