Thursday, November 6, 2008

Still Ridiculously Sore

Yesterday I had my first encounter with Shoulders and Arms and this by far was my favorite workout.

Today is the infamous Yoga X. I previewed the DVD this morning and it sure looks interesting to say the least. I am going to try to do it later in the day because of the length of the workout.

I still can barely walk today. My thighs and but are so sore it is crazy. If I sit down for more than 5 minutes the muscles get tight and I am in some pretty good pain when I get back up .

If I am in this much pain tomorrow I am going to face my first road block. I have to leave work early tomorrow because we are taking my kids to Playhouse Disney Live! I am either going to attempt to do my workout at home later that evening or push it off till Saturday. I would prefer to stay on track because I want to stay with the schedule.

I have been sticking to the diet but still confused as to how much I should be taking in.

4 comments:

life in a positive direction said...

Stay with it and just know your limits. If your next work out is cardio or stretching-you are set, that always works out tightness and soreness. Maybe only do a couple of reps per exercise or something. Just think-it is just on hour, just one hour, just one hour. Stay on track!!! I am rooting for you. I am about to start this challenge and need you people out there to inspire me. So I suggest YOU BRING IT!!! You can do this, don't lose that drive!!! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hey brother P90Xer. I'm sure you've heard this plenty so far but I'll say it again just in case.

You're going to be sore, A LOT the first 2 weeks. There is no way around it. The good thing is your soreness indicates you're Bringing It, if you weren't sore I'd seriously question the effort.

Even if you're sore I HIGHLY recommend you don't miss or skip a workout because of it, push through it, take a bit longer to warm up and you'll feel better as you go along.

If you're not already using it I would suggest the P90X Recovery Drink. Come and check out my blog if you like, teamxtremefitness.blogspot.com.

Good luck, week 1 close to being in the books!

Brad

beerlover19 said...

Without pain their is no gain. Stick it out and stay with the diet. Know you can do it Matty !

Unknown said...

Thanks for your responses! Just trying to keep at it, first week is tough! Sorry I did not respond earlier getting used to doing a blog. Thanks for the support!
P90x Workout Program