Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eating right is half the battle

I was happy to hear that P90x comes with it's own nutrition plan. As hard as the workouts are going to be it is learning how to better manage my food intake that is going to challenge me the most. I can no longer eat anything I want. I don't get enough activity in anymore in order to burn off all those empty calories. The nutrition guide has three different approaches to your diet:
  • Portion Approach
  • Meal Plan Approach
  • Quick Approach

I am going to attempt the portion approach. Each of the approaches has 3 phases, the fat shredding phase in which you limit carbs, the Energy Booster phase, which brings carbs back in, and finally the Endurance maximizer phase.

It is funny because this program actually has you eat more than what you think you will need. The whole idea is to eat many times throughout the day to keep your system burning calories and out of fat storing mode. I was watching the biggest loser last night and one of the trainers yelled at this guy for not eating enough. It seems backwards but this is the way to go.

The program requires you to write down what you are eating and at what times, so I will be doing that and posting them here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your responses! Just trying to keep at it, first week is tough! Sorry I did not respond earlier getting used to doing a blog. Thanks for the support!
P90x Workout Program